Saturday, August 28, 2010

Taking Stock: On the Eve of My 22nd Birthday

Today during my IR lecture my mind wandered (as usual...it's Industrial Relations and Labour Law...come on!) and I started thinking of my life.....this tends to happen to me on the eve of my birthday almost every year, so I am not surprised.

Firstly all the wonderful things I have had in my life:

1. My closest circle of friends.....those who are always there for me. You guys will always be the first in my life! Sanaya, Vidhi, Kirti, Mukul, Bhavik......that's you guys!

2. A beautiful relationship in which I learned to love, respect and cherish and also let go.

3. My family with whom I have managed to go beyond the troublesome college years finally.

4. A wonderful brother and a wonderful sister...who btw is getting married this year....it's going to be awesome!

5. The determination to go in for whatever I have wanted to do, be it acting, singing or dancing or writing scripts or directing.

6. Knowing I have a talent I can nurture....and writing a book finally this year!

7. An amazing childhood, with its great memories.

8. St. Xavier's College...this just speaks for itself.

So what do I want to invest the next few years of my life in?

1. The field of HR definitely. I am polishing myself for it and want to give it my best.

2. Writing....it's my life.

3. Adopt a child or have one. There is nothing more precious than the lessons that a child can bring to your life.

So hope all this comes true. Actually I will make it come true!




6 comments:

  1. ALL THE BEST, D.!!! m SURE ur future will get brighter by the day!:D! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very privileged to be featured in here! ;) :D You should definitely never give up on writing! And yes, do your child thing soon so that I can get to be the favourite aunt soon! Hee. :P

    Good bless you my darling! Have a great day tomorrow! We all know you deserve it. :) Happy Birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favourite aunt? Since when do you have it in you???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always had it in me!! I just don't have it in me to be a mom. But aunt, that's me, baby!! In fact, aunt is my middle name! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Right! Now I remember Ms. Carpe Aunt Diem!!! :-P Thanks for the awesome post yesterday!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete