Saturday, September 11, 2010

Celebrating Two Years of a Great Bond





Two years ago, on this day when people bring Ganeshji, the God of all great beginnings home, I had a few great beginnings myself. One of them was my friendship with Kirti. On this day two years back, I first went to her home and we spoke to each other and we were understood at a level which was great, despite hardly having known each other for a couple of months. I clearly remember what a day it was. And that was the beginning of a great friendship.




We've spent a lot of time together, over the phone, at each other's place, over meals in one plate, and have realised that there are some friends who truly feel like family. And that's why I am the only one apart from her family who calls her jiji.

And there is only one story I can think of to illustrate our friendship. About three weeks ago, a common friends of ours, dropped her cellphone on the ledge outside the third floor of our college. I, being me, immediately decided to go out and get it for her. It was a little (okay okay, a LOT risky) proposition. So as I was on the edge of the window, I realised my feet were just about a little short to reach the edge and it would be a little too risky to jump, as the ledge was thin and wet. And this girl, who btw was holding onto me so tightly, that my arm went dead, and who is shorter than me, offered to go out there instead of me, because it was so important to me to get it back as I had given my word that I would do it.

Eventually I got the phone back, but honestly how many friends would offer such a thing and mean it?

To Kirti and the friendship we've created. I love you jaan.


4 comments:

  1. A friend to achieve your need
    Is a true friend indeed.

    We should strive to help each other
    As we are all sister and brother,
    In the fact that we are all one race
    Regardless of differences in place!

    Some nice sentiments to your friend who you respectfully adore with much affection.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't make me cry dodo.... Cheers to our friendship!! Every ganesh chaturthi... i think of this as a new chapter in our lives... no words can describe what we feel for each other... the bonding has grown only more strong...
    love you jaan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHEERS to this cheery and deep relationship!

    ALL THE BEST for more memorable times ahead!:D!

    ReplyDelete