Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Being Different!

George Clooney says in the movie Up in the Air: "...I stereotype.......its faster!" Stereotyping: believing that a person has certain traits (good or bad) just because he/she belongs to a particular social group...."all fat people are jolly or unhealthy...etc etc etc"

Well I do have a huge thing against stereotyping probably because I have been breaking all moulds that I am or have been aware of....

The countless number of times I have heard "This is not how girls behave" or "You are so not 'worthy' of being called a Gujju" etc etc etc...and have laughed or shrugged it off feeling better.

I always try to relate to people as individuals rather than as members of some community or group. Its not that I underestimate the value of those groups or the influence they have on people, its just that I feel that every person is unique and we should give them some credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment