Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Great Baking Afternoon

This post comes almost 3 months after the actual event but hey..I got my pending birthday cake late too so it seems to fit!! I won't share the recipe here..its Star's and not mine....but I will share the yummy results and the happiness we felt....

First and foremost..kudos to our wonderful chef




She was moving around so efficiently and gracefully in the kitchen while baking...was totally in her element!

Ah... the cake baking.....there is nothing in the world that compares to the smell of something being baked... yep I am an over the top totally insane foodie...



The just-out-of-the-oven base



 And the final touches that will be added



The whipped cream first....I could already hear my tastebuds going Hallelujah!


  And then the kiwis....


And some more kiwis....


And the final mouth-watereringly superoawesomeosomely tempting....






Happy birthday to me (finally!)


The devoured cake in all its tasty grace


Thank you Star once again for my long-awaited birthday cake...was totally worth the wait! I hope I don't have to wait for the next one sooooo long! It's criminal!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome, love. :) Now that the oven is here, nothing will be longer than it needs to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! :-) To all our celebrations (that now shall be on time!)

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS Vidhi n D. on that lovely creations!:*!

    ReplyDelete