Saturday, April 2, 2011

Perfect Moments

I was at a friend's place and just seeing his wedding album, and laughing at all the funny stories behind the pictures....however it seemed my friend's bride was not too comfortable with the funny stories and was focusing on the perfection of the pictures, which actually is like a national obssession: the silk saree will give a  sheen in the pictures and look better, close your mouth while smiling for a picture..your teeth don't look good in pictures, dad stand with a perfect smile (I'm sure someone must be measuring the inches)....

That got me thinking....

What are these "picture perfect" moments? Why is it so important for pictures to always be perfect? We are human after all...aren't we? I'd rather capture the normal moments, human ones than have them picture perfect...because when I share memories, I want to have normal human stories, even if they are embarrassing, they are laughable, I don't want perfect photos that are just silent.....that don't have stories behind them to share!

2 comments:

  1. yeah... pictures should have a story... but that should be real... fake poses dont make life.. its real imperfections and laughter and sadness that makes up our life.. that is what the camera should capture and that is what will be a perfect picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts re-articulated! :-)

    ReplyDelete