Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brides-to-Be: A Classification

So my sister is getting married soon (apparently mid-December is "soon") and it is quite an experience for me to see someone sensible like her turn into Bride-zilla (term borrowed but apt). So these are my observations of brides and categorising them:

The Crier:

This bride-to-be cries not just at the drop of a hat but at the drop of anything! Really! What is it that makes them cry so much...and then their crying turns into social crying with all those with XX genes joining in....just great! I thought weddings were supposed to be happy occasions!!

The Silent Brides:

The main purpose of these brides is to blush. Their eyes are always downcast, I guess they must be recognising their new family basaed on the toes..."Aunty sharp red toes" or "Uncle Dirty nails"? And they wont talk..at all.......cat got their tongue for sure!!!

The Shopper:

These brides are solely responsible for the retail industry boom! These brides enter stores and shop...just because they have a legitimate reason to. I have also seen some brides making purchases of products they don't need or worse understand...just because they can shop!

The Inquisitive Bride:

I steer clear of these brides.....they are perfectionists and want a perfect wedding.....so they ASK QUESTIONS...to everyone! About the clothes they are wearing, the arrangements, whether clothes match or not? I am afraid someday they might ask me whether my underwear matches!

It's All About.......ME:

"Me, My Clothes, My hair....my wedding"...that's all that is there on the minds of these brides so there is nothing much to write about them. And I was told a wedding is the union of TWO souls? Anyways......


1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! Oh Dish, so true so true!! Well-observed! :) Now, do you know, why my wedding needs to have not more than 20 people?!! :P

    Btw, that comment about "Two souls" - don't be *SO* unfair to the brides. I know it's frustrating. But some people just want to feel special. And I'm sure the men do their part as well. I've had a few cousins who went to the length of choosing a horse for themselves and putting mehendi on their hands, just coz they are the grooms and they can! Anyhoo, it makes for excellent reading!! :D

    ReplyDelete