Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What ish!!

"What ish?" is my most favourite phrase off late!

My 3 year old niece is in this very cute “What is?” phase and very enthusiastic about it of course. What she does is every time she is at a new place, she goes ahead and explores things there and screams “What is?” for every new thing.


For example, we were at a school for a weekend program and there was this display board where students’ drawings were displayed. She pulled me to that board because she was enthused by the colours and the simplicity of the drawings, made me lift her into my arms and pointed at everything one by one and asked “What is?”

And when I told her, she had to repeat it in that oh-so-cute voice that has not lost its baby lisp. So “butterfly” becomes “butterthy”, flower pot becomes “thower pot”, boat becomes “boath” and so on. More than anything else, it’s the sheer enthusiasm to learn something new!

Every time she showed that repeated something in this voice, I just felt like hugging and kissing her (and of course I gave into the impulse about 99% of the times).

No comments:

Post a Comment