Thursday, May 5, 2011

Indian Truck and Their Drivers

Truck drivers in India have a very very special relationship with their trucks, and why shouldn't they? They spend more hours with their trucks than any other living soul! Here's a collection of tributes truck drivers to their truck:

"Main gaddi nahi rani hun, driver mera aashiq hai, main driver ki deewani hun" (seen by yours truly early today morning, leading to this post)

Roughly translated: I am not a vehicle, I am a queen. My driver is my lover, I'm crazy about him.'

***

"Nazar lavaga, jutti khavega"

Roughly translated: If you look at my truck with bad intents, I will hit you with my shoes!

***

"Jatt di Mercedez"

Roughly translated: Mercedes of the Jatt (referring to the Sikhs who generally drive the trucks).

***

"Jaan tu pyaari, Jatt di laari"

Roughly translated: You are my love, my lorry.

***

They really do love them, don't they?!

1 comment: